Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Story of Sophie


When i came to Oregon in 2004, i worked as a nanny for 3 wonderful children Sophie 2, Gareth 7 and Tyler 8. As the 2 boys were at school most of the time, Sophie and I spent the days together and we had lots of fun. It was then my first experience hands on with a toddler, and the best ever. She was such a cute little girl and said the funniest things as she was just learning to speak..and i remember her calling me 'My Gwace'...and Wye, she just called him 'Alah'...for some reason we both don't know. Thinking about her just makes me laugh even till now, how she'd eat anything at all but look disgusted when i tried to feed her 'bak kut teh' and the time when she 'pooped' in the pool while everyone was having a pool BBQ...gosh!!

I was pleasantly suprised today, when i received an email from Tomi (the children's mum) and she was so sweet to sent me pictures of Sophie. She is about 5 1/2 yrs old now...and sure look very much like a grown young lady...hehe...

Myself and Wye love her and missed her alot..and we have decided to name our child ( if it's a girl) Sonya ( which also mean Sophie)...

6 comments:

wye luon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wye luon said...

ello Sophie =P

Jazlie said...

I heard Sophie is a good name, means "wisdom".

chcher said...

er explain to me how Sonya means Sophia? hmmm

just curious la...

Gracey said...

hehe..there's a variant for the original name Sophie http://www.babynamenetwork.com/baby_names/detail.cfm?name=Sonya&gender=Female

Phoebe said...

Wow, Sophie really grown up a lot!Now is pretty young lady ;)
I can still remember she is so cute and "Tam Chia" when she was little. :)